I/II Semester Diploma Examination, Nov./Dec. 2015 MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
(ii) Answer any two full questions from each Section– II, III, IV.
SECTION – I
1. Fill in the blanks :
- (i) ______ energy sources are inexhaustible.
- (ii) Bauxite is an ore of ______.
- (iii) In double start thread, lead is ______ the pitch.
- (iv) A good lubricant should have ______ volatility.
SECTION – II
4 × 1 = 4
8 4 4
8 4 4
What is solar energy ? List the applications of solar energy.
(i) Elasticity (ii) Plasticity (iii) Hardness (iv) Toughness
(c) What are the advantages of Renewable Energy Sources ?
- (b) Write the different grades of steel and their composition.
- (c) Write a note on 18/8 stainless steel.
- (b) Write the uses of Lead and Tin.
- (c) Write a note on Duralumin.
Diploma MECHANICAL ENGINEERING(9ME-02M) Exam Question Paper DTE
State the properties and uses of copper.
Code : 9ME-02M